Hatchery & Research Assistant
Through my experience as a student and current volunteer for marine science organizations, I have
experience in collecting and analyzing data, caring for marine plants and animals, and I have
excellents skills in communication, organization and time management.
October 2018- Present
Seattle Aquarium – Volunteer Marine Interpreter
- Assist guests in identifying marine plants and animals.
- Follow a feeding schedule for all marine inverts and fish in the tide pools exhibit.
- Answer questions about marine animals, environment and conservation.
- Able to talk with guests of all ages, backgrounds and knowledge of marine biology.
October 2017 – November 2018
Puget Sound Restoration Fund- Volunteer
- Assisted with abalone husbandry
- Participated in Olympia Oyster spawns
- Joined in with Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife for bull kelp collection
- Assisted with field work to collect and quantify oyster bags at several locations
September 2016 – December 2016
University of Oregon Environmental Leadership Program – Team Member
- Created an interpretive panels for the Charleston Marine Life Center.
- Held meetings with the Creative Director and Museum Curator to understand their goals
and deliver the product they wanted.
- Created and installed panels on the deadline and are currently displayed.
September 2013 – June 2017
University of Oregon – Biology Major, Environmental Studies Minor
- 3.50 GPA